Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I finally found the secret!!!

- Like most bloggers I’m obsessed with my blog stats. It’s pretty sad; I check them like 10 times a day (and by 10 I mean at least 400). Every time I post I get a small spike in readers thanks to the DCBlogs live feed. Yesterday I experienced a much larger spike and I think I may have discovered the secret to increased blogularity. The Holy Grail if you will. It’s all in the title. Yesterday’s said something about hipsters, people in DC either are hipsters or they hate them, so they clicked on the link. From now on I think I might only use titles people will find provocative. Here are some examples:
- DC cops suck
- I hate the f’ing metro
- Missed Connections anyone?
- What LNS is up to this week

People will be so intrigued they can’t stay away. Only to be disappointed by what lame crap I’m writing about now.



- Speaking of blog stats, I just looked at Technorati for the first time ever. I see it everywhere but I was much too lazy to care what it was until today. Apparently I have the 876,860th most popular blog. Boo yah.



- I know that no one likes to hear about someone else’s dream but I’m going to tell you anyway. It’s relevant, you’ll see. I dreamed I was in Transformers the movie last night. I don’t remember a lot of the details, I never do, but it doesn’t matter anyways because I’ve never seen the movie so I don’t really know how accurate they would be. And I hate Shia Lebeouf. It was a surprising vivid dream considering it was totally drawn from a 30 second trailer. Anyway, in that dream a lot of people are dying, I didn’t but Transformers were eating my friends left and right. It was gruesome. Well when my alarm went off this morning guess which song was playing? No, it wasn’t the theme from Transformers, that would be way too obvious. It was “Only the Good Die Young” by Billy Joel. Isn’t that freaky? All my friends were dying. They’re good. They’re young. Uncanny. That type of stuff happens to me all the time. I might be Harry Potter and not know it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always about the title. Bitch about the Metro everyday and your stats will go up. Rag on tourists and your stats will go up. Talk about how hard it is to meet the right girl in DC and your stats will soar.

They're like sheep.

Unknown said...

i cant believe you hate Shia Lebeouf...

Los said...

Man - I used to be obsessed with my blog ... that was at my previous job ... when I had plenty of time to be obsessed with my blog.

Eric said...

arjewtino - you're right and now am a sheperd with the key to herding them all in

pat - Hate is a strong word. I regret what I said about Shia Lebeouf.

Los - If my job interfered with blogging that would be trouble.