Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fun with Hipsters

Here's a fun thing to do. Next time you're in New York, and you find yourself in a bar with a bunch cool kids listening to some cool kid indie rock music throw them a curve ball. Go up to the jukebox and play the most cheesetastic 80's ballad you can think of (I chose Air Supply's "Making Love Out of Nothing at All") then sit back and enjoy. Watch as they scoff at the new selection. Clearly they're much to cool for that. Then notice a few people singing, and then by the time the first refrain hits everyone is loving it because who doesn't love Air Supply. It brings people together, even if they are to cool for school.

4 comments:

Stiletto said...

people are too easy...

Los said...

I got Air Supply's greatest hits ... that doesn't make me gay, does it? Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Anonymous said...

Air Supply is my number one go-to song each time Kenny and I play the "You Pick, then I Pick" Ipod game on the way from Weirdbury to Columbia.

Who doesn't love Air Supply? Kenny.

Anonymous said...

That was a treat. Maybe the most entertaining part of the night, unfortunately.