Monday, November 13, 2006

A Heart to Heart With My Blog

Oh blog, when you totally disappeared last Thursday I was left very confused. My friends kept saying, “I tried to read your blog today and it was gone, what happened?” I had no idea, you just up and vanished. At first I though maybe it was a problem with Blogger, I checked a few other blogs and saw that they were all in complete working order. That’s when I got angry, how dare you leave without even the courtesy of an Error 404 message. I thought we had something good going. After a while I started to blame myself, maybe it was something I said, or I didn’t write well enough for you and you’d moved on, or maybe you were angry with my lack of html skills that left you with just a plain old default template. But it wasn’t that was it, you knew what you were doing all along.

You’re so smart blog, you always know all the right strings to pull in this relationship. I think you just realized that things were moving a little to fast between the two of us and you decided to take a step back. You inexplicably departed for over three days to give me my space (but not MySpace, I didn’t cheat on you with that other blog while you were gone). I needed some time to work on me, to decided where we were heading on this blogging journey, you knew that even before I did, you’re so awesome. I totally got all introspective and I think I got it figured out. But I don’t need to tell you the conclusions I came to do I? You’ve known all along?. Its good to have you back buddy, I missed you.

8 comments:

Mike said...

to quote you, "Ummm..."

Mike said...

and you should have cheated on IToS with MySpace to teach it a thing or two about leaving you, show it that you can make it without it if you had to. Then it would have gotten jealous and come back faster.

Anonymous said...

eric gives his blog BJs! i knew it.

Eric said...

Mike-Yeah that was one of my weirder ones, but if anything at least I amuse myself, if you can't make yourself laugh what else have you got. And I prefer not to revenge blog, I quickly losing all interest in MySpace anyways.

Dave-That ones never going to get old for you is it.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back. I almost panicked on Friday thinking that maybe you deleted your blog.
I just found you. I can't lose you yet.

Anonymous said...

I think your blog got shut down temporarily cause your previous post has a Penis in it... you know, just long enough for blogger to check things out.

It figures Eric would love something with a Penis so much. Budum bum!

Eric said...

Rachel - I definitely don't plan on deleting this anytime soon, it's to much fun, plus I don't hate when I get little ego boosts like that either.

Jake - You had to go Dave's route didn't you. I choose to ignore it.

Anonymous said...

Eric ~ You should see how I replied to your comment on my blog post about going from a 5 to an 8 on personality.