Friday, April 06, 2007

Next time Bonnie Tyler needs a hero I'll be there

About a week ago during a chase in Elkton a police officer lost control of his vehicle, flipped his car and crashed into a telephone pole. The car burst into flames with the cop still trapped inside. A person driving behind the officer saw this and took it upon himself to pull the man out of the burning car before any serious injury occurred. The police took a statement from the man but lost the paper work and were unable to identify him. Monday the identity of the hero was finally revealed. It wasn’t me. But he did have the exact same first and last name as me. How kickass is that. Way to represent us. I hope you don’t mind if I take some of the credit for your heroism. I like to think I would’ve done the same thing in that situation. The transitive property applies here, its basic math. You’re a hero, I have the same name as you; therefore, I’m a hero.

5 comments:

Los said...

What are the odds of that? You definitely have a right to take some form of credit for this.

honeykbee said...

Are you strong? Fast? Fresh from the fight?

Regardless, congrats on your pseudoheroism!

Tara said...

That's great! Congrats to you and your namesake!

Mike said...

I would just start telling people it was really you.

Eric said...

sf