Monday, April 23, 2007

Identity Theft

One of the fastest growing crimes in this country is identity theft. Some 10 million Americans have been victims of this crime in one way or another. I’m pretty lazy so, despite knowing this, I still toss my credit card information and social security number around the internet like Alec Baldwin insulting his daughter. I’ve yet to have a problem with this, but I imagine the effects of identity theft can range from mild pain in the ass to life ruining. That is why I understand the need for legal type people specializing in identity theft cases. It would be nice to know that there is an expert in this scenario that could help me. Today at lunch there was a guy in the restaurant passing out business cars for this exact reason.







This guy is not someone I think I would call if I happened to notice I was winning a lot of eBay auctions I did not bid on. Something just seems a little fishy about a guy who does his advertising by passing around cheap business cards in a deli. Independent Associate eh Anthony? Are you really going to help me out with an identity theft complaint or is this actually the worst scheme ever to steal my identity? I have to hand it to you; this is probably the first time anyone has ever tried reverse psychology to steal my identity. You’re good Anthony D. Hill, but I win this round.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

The picture on that card kind of scares me.

Anonymous said...

you lead such an exciting life down there in bmore. homeless people, strange signs, people trying to steal your identity while enjoying a turkey club...

i dont bump into half the weird things that you do, and i work in the theatre.

Los said...

He is a "Cyber" ambulance chaser ... it was only a matter of time.

Mike said...

My boss has had his identity stolen twice, one of the times it resulted in a warrant being issued for his arrest (he wasn't the one doing the crimes, obviously).

Sounds like I should let him know that Anthony Hill is out there to protect him.

Eric said...

He almost got arrested? Man, I would be pissed.

Eric said...

sdf

Unknown said...

I want to address this guy's "marketing" of himself. Although it is pretty pathetic, I have heard of worse. For example, a lawyer was disbarred for working out a deal with a funeral director where he would pay for funerals if the funeral director referred him clients. I think I found my new calling.

Rachel said...

He is with prepaid legal. It is basically a tactic to sign you up for their services.