Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Apparent Storage Facility

When I got to work this morning there was a hand truck in my cubicle. I have no idea who put it there. But combine that with the box someone left in my cubicle last Thursday and I started to get a bit of an uneasy feeling. It would lead one to believe that these are not so subtle hints about my job security. If there is some sort of release form on my desk tomorrow I’m not going to be happy at all.

Of course then I started looking around and realized that there is a clipboard on my desk that is not mine. And a set of plans for a job I’ve never worked on. Basically people are just dropping their shit on my desk because it’s at the end of a row and they’re too lazy to put things where they belong. My cubicle has apparently become a storage facility, document control, and a trash can all in one. I might have to set up some surveillance, and if I catch the culprit there is going to be hell to pay. By hell obviously I mean that all my future trash and recycling is going on their desk, trust me you want no part of that*.



*It’s actually obscene how much paper I go through in a week at work. I’m personally responsible for the destruction of hundreds of old growth forests in the northwest.

3 comments:

Los said...

You have the worst desk in the office - high traffic area, and at the end of the row ... that's low real-estate, my friend.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Hide their stuff. Keep it. If they come by and ask you about it make them give you money and promise not to leave their crap in your cube anymore.

Hopefully it's not the CEO of your company or someoen like that.

My desk used to be near the front door and reception area so people were always taking things, pens, scissors, change. Once I came across a co-worker who was wearing my barrette in her hair. People are rude man.

Eric said...

Los - Being on the end definitely sucks, but this is much better than my old desk. Now I have a window, and I used to sit right next to the bathroom. It doesn't get worse than that.

Lunch Lady - I often have office supplies stolen. It's infuriating. I've had like 5 staplers because they all keep getting taken. I might have to burn down the building.