Monday, January 15, 2007

A Dream Come True

Martin Luther King, Jr. had a dream. Somehow I doubt that dream included a Macy’s holiday sale in his name. Nothing says social equality like 50% off all women’s fashions. I like to think though that it would put a smile on his face to know that, regardless of race or economic status, people all across America are reflecting on his memory and ideals for a better society by getting drunk on a Sunday because they don’t have to work on Monday. Happy birthday Dr. King.

6 comments:

Ashburnite said...

I'm one of the unlucky people who has to work, so Sunday night was a sober one for me.

Anonymous said...

or you can use this grand holiday to recover from throwing up 4 times on sunday cuz you must have eaten something bad on saturday.

Rachel said...

I was supposed to work but took a vacation day. I was smart enough to realize that the weather was going to be shitty Sunday-Monday and that I was NOT about to drive to work on ice covered roads.
D didn't have the day off of school but it got canceled anyway due to the conditions.
Yay!!

Mike said...

Well... that was cynical. I did see some kids taking turns reading parts of Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech on the news this morning.

Los said...

Hey, at least it puts him in the same class as Christ, right?

Paige Jennifer said...

Wait, that wasn't his dream?